CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

This old world

I am one of those people that read the newspaper on a pretty much daily basis. I should say that I technically read it online now instead of getting the actual paper. It's just easier that way. Anyways, today while I'm reading there were 2 stories that caught my eye. One was about 4 children who were severely burned when a canister of sulfuric acid exploded in their mother's pickup where they were riding. The kids were aged 14 down to 18 mos. What caught my attention was the fact that after the explosion, the mother and her boyfriend left the scene of the accident and the 4 children. Immediately I'm filled with rage. I know EXACTLY what the sulfuric acid was for. The "mother" and her boyfriend were probably headed home to make methamphetamine. That's why she panicked and left her injured babies in dire need of medical attention. Eventually, the kids were careflighted to Parkland Hospital and they are in the burn unit in severe critcal condition. The next story is about a 6 yr. old little boy who was beaten to death over a 3 day period by his mother's boyfriend. The 24 yr. old man accused of beating him said that he "whooped him and beat him with a leather and fabric belt all over his body and butt because he wouldn't mind him." Then when the bruised little boy disobeyed the last time, the man held him under the water in what he called "punishment for being real bad." The little boy died after either all the trauma or from drowning. The autopsy will reveal that at a later date. At the end of the article was a picture of the cutest little boy with the biggest smile on his face playing during an obviously better time in his life. This is the point where I basically lost it! The tears just started flowing. WHAT is the world coming to? Why is it that the children are suffering at the sins of their mothers and fathers? I know this kind of stuff isn't new. I know that children have been suffering for years. But, it seems like here lately it's an everyday occurrence. I am so sick of all this. I am sick of drugs. I am sick of the people on drugs. I am sick and tired of the horrible crimes that take place because of drugs. WHEN are people going to realize that drugs aren't just hurting them. They are hurting their CHILDREN more. I don't have an answer. I pray about this stuff everyday and try to turn it over to the "Man Upstairs." I want to be more than just someone who's praying though. What can I do? Does anyone have any suggestions? I want to make a difference in the life of these children. If anyone knows of anything I could do, please let me know. Thank you! And I'm sorry for this depressing blog, but I feel so helpless and I hate that feeling! HELP!

0 comments: